Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Mother Nature isn't always so nice...

I know I've promised to write about another new stage of pregnancy, however I felt it was appropriate to dedicate this piece to my dear friend Jen, who has had to terminate her pregnancy due to medical conditions of the baby. This has made me think, things don't always turn out the way we want it to. We don't think the worst will happen, but the truth is, it can. For some of us we assume that we get married, have a healthy baby, and maybe have another. (In my case, have a healthy baby and then get married!) Whichever order you go about, do you really assume that Mother Nature will be unfair to you? I must admit that I never did. In my first trimester, I was too busy rushing home from work to crack open one of my twenty books on pregnancy, than to worry about a "what if." I think back to the chapters that I skipped. I remember thinking, "That won't happen to me so I don't need to read it." One of those chapters featured information about "C-sections" and low and behold, I wished I would have read it! But that turn of event does not compare to the many unexpected and heart wrenching situations that some expectant mothers have to face. My husband and I are lucky, I can't forget that.
I will post a picture of the healthy baby that Jen and her husband will have in time, and I know she or he will be the most cherished and adored baby (aside from our Myah of course!)

"The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up"

No comments: